Working hours


受付時間 : 14:00-16:00



Саппоро, Тюо-ку, Минами 14, Ниси 12, 2-5

Часы приема: 14:00-16:00

(кроме выходных и российских праздников)

Tel: 011-561-31-71 (72)

Fax: 011-561-88-97

Other Consular Services

International Marriage  

   Consular offices of the Russian Federation in Japan register marriages only between Russian citizens. Marriages between a citizen of the Russian Federation and a foreign national should be registered in the Japanese City-hall or in the Consulate of the Foreign state in Japan.

   For this purpose the Consulate-General issues a citizen of the Russian Federation a "Certificate of legal capacity for marriage" which is drawn up in Japanese (it can also be optionally drawn up in English). This Certificate should be presented to the Japanese City-hall or to a Foreign Consulate in Japan.

   According to Laws of the Russian Federation, international marriages registered on the territory of a foreign state by the respective authorities in compliance with laws and regulations of this state and with laws of the Russian Federation are accepted in Russia and no additional registration is required.

   If it is necessary to prove the fact of marriage to the Russian authorities an official translation of the marriage certificate, issued by the Japanese City-hall and bearing Apostille stamp, can be certified (we do not translate documents) in the Consulate-General. 

[back to top] 

Issuance of Powers of Attorney

   Notarized issuance of powers of attorney by Russian Consulates is made in case these documents are intended for activities in the territory of the Russian Federation.

   The Consulate-General shall issue a power of attorney on behalf of one or several persons in the name of one or several persons.

   The Consulate-General shall verify the identity of the trustee (the person issuing the power of attorney) on the basis of the submitted documents (for citizens of the Russian Federation - foreign passports).

   The consular fee for drawing up and notarizing the power of attorney depends on the type of the power of attorney shall be applied.

Identification of a Person by Documents

   While performing consular formalities and notarizing documents, the Consulate-General shall identify physical and juridical entities on the basis of the documents submitted by them.

   The identity of a citizen of the Russian Federation shall be verified by the Consulate-General of the Russian Federation on the basis of:

  • The citizen's foreign passport of any type;

  • For minors, on the basis of the passport of one of the parents into which their names are entered.

   The identity of a foreign citizen shall be verified by the Consulate-General on the basis of one of the Passport only.

    The identity of a person without citizenship shall be verified on the basis of official documents issued by local authorities.

   Legal competence of a legal entity (office, enterprise, organization) shall be verified on the basis of the charter documents (Charter, Foundation Agreement. For not-for-profit organizations - General Provisions and registration documents).

   The Consulate-General shall also verify the powers of the representative of the juridical person on the basis of:

  • Availability of his office certificate with a photograph indicating the fact that the person is the CEO;

  • Certified extracts of the minutes about the appointment of the officials empowered to sign documents on behalf of the said legal entity;

  • Power of attorney for carrying out a specific action.

[back to top] 


   Documents drawn up in English or Japanese may be accepted in the Russian Federation with the provision of a certified translation of such document into the Russian language.

   Consulate-General certifies translations only if they are done from Russian into a foreign language (Japanese or English only) or from a foreign language (Japanese or English only) into Russian. No other languages are accepted.

   Russian Consulate-General certifies translations only of originals of the documents or of notary certified copies of these documents.

   In order to apply to the Consulate-General for certification of translation the following documents should be submitted:

  • Your passport;

  • Original of the document you want to be translated (if this document is issued by the respective Japanese authorities the document should bear the Apostille stamp). 

  • Copy of the document;

  • Consular fee (applied per page);

  • 2 copies of the translation of the document done by either the applicant or a translation bureau (additional submission of the translation in electronic form is welcomed).

[back to top] 

Legalization of foreign documents for presenting in the Russian Federation

   In accordance with the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, to which both the Russian Federation and the Japan are parties, documents authenticated by an Apostille of a participant country are exempted from validation (i.e., from verification of the authenticity of the signatures, the authority of the persons signing, and the authenticity of the seals and stamps) by the consular establishments of other participant countries.

   The Apostille is a stamp established by the Hague Convention, entered in documents by a competent authority of the country in which the document was issued. In Japan, the Apostille is entered by the Ministry of foreign affairs.

   The following documents are considered official documents in accordance with the Hague Convention (documents for public use), and an Apostille may be entered in them:

  • Documents issued by organizations or officials associated with courts or state tribunals, including documents issued by a public prosecutor, court secretary, or bailiff;

  • Documents of administrative (executive) authorities;

  • Documents certified by a notary public;

  • Official validating endorsements, placed on documents signed by individuals acting in a personal capacity, such as official certificates of the registration of a document or of its existence on the date indicated, as well as official and notary verifications of signatures.

   The Hague Convention does not cover the following documents:

  • Documents issued by officials of diplomatic missions or consular establishments;

  • Documents of administrative authorities that have direct bearing on commercial transactions or customs operations.

[back to top]